We will be following a new evaluation format this year to make sure that players are on skill appropriate and balanced teams. Evaluations will be mandatory for players wishing to play this year on Tier 1 or 2 teams in the U10- U14 divisions. We request that all other players attend but it will not be mandatory. Calgary Minor Softball has requested that all teams for each age division be tiered. Evaluations will consist of two components. ALL players will take part in the Skills Evaluation sessions. Based on their overall skill evaluation standings, some girls will be invited to the Game Play Evaluation sessions. Teams will be finalized in early April. Your team coach will contact you.
The Fury will also hold separate evaluation sessions for potential pitchers this year. These sessions are for those players who would like to play on the top Tiers or travel teams. Only U10 and U12 pitchers with experience need to attend these sessions. All U14/U16/U19 pitchers must attend. Pitchers need their own catcher for warm up.
Girls MUST try out for, and be selected to play on a Tier 1 or Tier 2 team. Girls MUST be registered for Spring play in order to evaluate. If your daughter is interested in trying out for a Tier 1 or Tier 2 team, they MUST attend the below scheduled evaluations for their age group. Once selected to play on a tiered team players must be completely committed to their team for the duration of the season.** Please read and bring completed Tier 1 Evaluation Form to evaluations.
Any players who are interested in trying out to “play up“ (in the age category above where they belong) are invited to do so. Please note:
1. SKILL EVALUATIONS (ALL players)
U10 (2010– 2012)
2. GAME PLAY EVALUATIONS (by invite ONLY)
U10 - TBD
U12 - TBD
U14 - TBD
U16 - TBD
U19 - TBD
3. PITCHER EVALUATIONS
U10 Tier 1 (Only those with a full season, previous experience and consistently gets ball over the plate need to attend)
U12 (Only for girls who have pitched at least one full season and want to try out for tier 1 or tier 2 teams)
U14/U16 (ALL pitchers are required to attend)
**Please note time commitment for Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams includes:
1. Two league games a week played in Calgary and Okotoks ( and possibly Airdrie, Strathmore or Cochrane for U10, U12, U14, U16 and U19.
2. One to two practices a week – at coaches discretion (as early as 4:30pm start times)
3. Two to three tournaments played throughout the season on weekends, and some travel will be involved
4. Provincials at the end of June or beginning of July. These may be in Calgary or another location in Alberta (Often near Edmonton)